VA Sales Specialist - East
Job Number: #2017-05
Location: East Coast
EnteroMedics is looking for a VA Sales Specialist located anywhere in the East Coast. In this field-based position, the Specialist is responsible for the execution of the sales and marketing plan to VA hospital and clinics across the USA. The Specialist will take responsibility for new account identification, account training and education and account implant certification. The Specialist will drive the collaborative marketing efforts between the implanting accounts and the EnteroMedics marketing department. The individual will take responsibility for developing the sales forecast, delivering their respective sales quota and managing the VA budget. The VA Sales Specialist will provide support efforts of the Clinical Specialists in the creation and execution of the sales strategy. The position will work closely with the Director of Marketing and will require participation in the development of the annual strategic and operating plans.
- Contributes sales information and recommendations for strategic planning initiatives. Develops and implements strategic sales plans to achieve targeted sales objectives.
- Meets VA financial sales objectives through solid/researched forecasting activities; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quotas (Regionally) in support of national objectives.
- Supports and partners with Clinical Specialist to maintain and expand customer base; builds and maintains rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Develops relationships with KOLs within the VA System, maintaining relationships, negotiating and closing sales opportunities.
- Delivers presentations to KOLs in coordination with Clinical Specialists/Field Engineers.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks. Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition
- A liaison between the sales department and other related/support functions.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and marketing and technical publications by providing feedback and insight on end user experiences/knowledge of industry.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed end user base expansion.
- Bachelor degree with a focus on Marketing or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 year experience in a sales management capacity within the medical device industry
- Medical device sales management experience preferred but not mandatory
- Meeting Sales Goals, Results driven motivator for sales representatives, territory management,
- Good Presentation Skills
- Performance Management/priority and goal setting
- Building Relationships
- Negotiation skills,
- Managing Profitability
- Strong effective communicator.
- Knowledge of surgical procedures, the operating room environment and proper aseptic technique
- Demonstrated effectiveness in holding conversations with customers, the ability to drive adoption of VBLOC therapy
- Up to 80% Travel
This job description covers only the essential functions of the position.
Other duties may be assigned.
If interested in applying, please fill out this form to submit